Who loves kimchi and avocados? This recipe combines both kimchi and avocados in a tortilla. A kimchi-avocado quesadilla! This easy recipe could be made in just 15 minutes! The ingredients are simple. Here’s the recipe!
2 tbsp of butter
1 cup of cabbage kimchi (drained and chopped)
2 flour tortillas
1.5 cups of grated Monterey jack and/or cheddar cheese
Half of an avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
A dash of lime juice
1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley and/or cilantro
- Melt 1.5 tbsp of the butter in a pan on medium heat. Add the kimchi to the pan and saute the kimchi. Spread the kimchi into a thin layer and cook it for 5-6 minutes, then remove it from the pan.
- Add the rest of the butter to the pan. Swirl it around, letting it coat the pan. Add one of the flour tortillas and flip it to have both sides be coated with butter. Heat the tortillas until you see slight air bubbles inside the tortilla.
- Add half of the cheese and half of the kimchi to the center of the tortilla.
- Flip the tortilla in half, like how you would fold an omelet. Press down on the tortilla using a spatula. Flip it to the other side 30 seconds later. The tortilla should have a nice, toasty brown color. Let the cheese melt all the way! Remove it from the pan and repeat the same steps with the other tortilla.
- Open the tortilla and add the sliced avocado inside. Top it with lime juice and parsley and/or cilantro. Fold the tortilla over again. Cut the tortilla into wedges to serve. Enjoy!