By: Kalyn Concepcion, Healthy Aggie Intern
1 medium yellow onion diced
1 cup potatoes roughly chopped
1 green or red bell pepper diced
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can lowfat coconut milk (I prefer Sprouts Lite Coconut Milk) drained and rinsed
1 can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
Salt and pepper
Red chili flakes optional
Lime juice optional
- In a medium saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until translucent. Stir in spices* until aromatic.
- Add bell pepper** and cook until softened.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes in salted water for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add boiled potatoes and canned tomato. Stir and let cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas and coconut milk. Bring to a simmer and cook until chickpeas are soft, about 10-20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Suggestion: Serve with jasmine rice, topped with fresh lime juice and cilantro.
*I don’t use specific measurements for the spices. Season to your liking!
**You can add/substitute any vegetables you prefer. I sometimes add chopped zucchini.